health and safety update
July 3, 2020
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are in close contact with both state and local health officials about the latest guidance on the Coronavirus pandemic. In response to the SAFER AT HOME ORDER FOR CONTROL OF COVID-19 that was updated by the City of Long Beach as of July 1, and remains in effect until further notice, the hotel is doing everything we can to keep our guests safe and well-informed and have implemented the following:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas of the hotel, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas around the property, including our lobby, meeting spaces, and other public spaces that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Educating our team members on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they do not feel well for any reason.
- Practice social distancing within all public spaces by requiring guests & team members to be separated by six (6) feet at all times.
- Signage is posted at the entrance of the facility informing all team members and guests that they should: (i) avoid entering the facility if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including cough or fever
- Require that all guests, vendors and team members who enter the facility wear a face covering during their time in the public spaces of the hotel.
- Hilton CleanStay – A new program from Hilton that delivers an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection throughout the hotel.
- Clean & Safe Certification received from California Hotel & Lodging Association.
- We are only cleaning rooms upon check-out. Please contact front the front desk for extra towels, amenities or other sundries that you need during your stay.
- All event spaces will remain closed as public gatherings of any number of people are prohibited within the State and City of Long Beach per the current order.
- Our fitness center is open daily and reservations are required and can be secured through the front desk.
- Our pool is open daily from 8am-8pm and capacity is limited due to local health orders. Please follow all posted guidelines at the pool, which include wearing face coverings when traveling through common areas of the hotel where social distancing is compromised. Jacuzzi remains closed until further notice due to local health orders.
- For your convenience food & beverage is also available on a 24-hour basis from our Lobby Grab & Go.
- Amplified Music is not allowed in guest rooms or outdoor public spaces of the property.
- We are a 100% non-smoking facility and smoking is not permitted in guest rooms or public spaces of the property.
- Our restaurant Fuego and Bar is open daily for Outdoor Dining or Take-Out Only with modified hours, capacities and menu offerings as outlined below:
- Monday – Friday: 7am-11am Serving Continental Breakfast Menu
- Saturday & Sunday: 7am-11am Serving Full Breakfast Menu
- Wednesday – Sunday: 11am-5pm Serving All-Day Dining Menu
- Wednesday – Sunday: 5pm-9pm Serving All-Day Dining Menu
- Reservations are required except for continental breakfast Monday – Friday and can be made by calling 562-481-3910 or via our website https://www.hotelmayalongbeach.com/fuego-restaurant or you can scan a QR Code at the restaurant or pick-up a paper copy at the Front Desk.
Thank you for your support and loyalty to Hotel Maya a DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all.