health and safety update
October 22, 2020
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are in close contact with both state and local health officials about the latest guidance on the Coronavirus pandemic. In response to the SAFER AT HOME ORDER FOR CONTROL OF COVID-19 that was updated by the City of Long Beach as of October 15, 2020 and remains in effect until further notice, the hotel is doing everything we can to keep our guests safe and well-informed and have implemented the following:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas of the hotel, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas around the property, including our lobby, meeting spaces, and other public spaces that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Educating our team members on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they do not feel well for any reason.
- Practice social distancing within all public spaces by requiring guests & team members to be separated by six (6) feet at all times.
- Require that all guests, vendors and team members who enter the facility wear a face covering during their time in the public spaces of the hotel.
- Hilton CleanStay – A new program from Hilton that delivers an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection throughout the hotel.
- For your comfort & Safety, we want your stay to be as undisturbed as possible. Guest rooms are only being cleaned upon check-out unless an appointment is scheduled in advance. To schedule, simply call the front desk. Additional amenities such as linens and toiletries are available upon request, delivered in protective packaging and placed at the guest room door.
- Clean & Safe Certification received from California Hotel & Lodging Association.
- All event spaces will remain closed as public gatherings of any number of people are prohibited within the State and City of Long Beach per the current order.
- Our Fitness Center is Closed until further notice due to local health orders.
- Our Pool is open daily from 8am-8pm and capacity is limited due to local health orders. Please follow all posted guidelines at the pool, which include wearing face coverings when traveling through common areas of the hotel where social distancing is compromised. Jacuzzi remains closed until further notice due to local health orders.
- Amplified Music is not allowed in guest rooms or outdoor public spaces of the property.
- We are a 100% non-smoking facility and smoking or vaping is not permitted in guest rooms, patios or public spaces of the property. If you smoke in your guest room or patio a non-refundable fee of $250 will be charged upon departure.
Our restaurant Fuego is open daily (bar remains closed per local health order) for Outdoor Dining or Take-Out Only with modified hours, capacities and menu offerings as outlined below:
- Monday – Sunday: 7am-11am – Serving a Full Breakfast Menu
- Monday – Friday: 11am-5pm – Serving a Seasonal Lunch Menu
- Saturday & Sunday: 11am-5pm - Serving a A La Carte Brunch Menu
- Monday – Sunday: 5pm-9pm – Serving a Seasonal Dinner Menu
Reservations are required and can be made by calling 562-481-3910 or via our website https://www.hotelmayalongbeach.com/fuego-restaurant
- Room Service is not available, you can order take-out from our restaurant during operating hours.
- For your convenience food & beverage is also available on a 24-hour basis from our Lobby Grab & Go.
Thank you for your support and loyalty to Hotel Maya a DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all.