May 12, 2020
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
In response to the SAFER AT HOME ORDER FOR CONTROL OF COVID-19 that was updated by the City of Long Beach as of May 8th, and remains in effect until further notice, Hotel Maya is now operating with essential personnel only. We are in close contact with state health officials and local government representatives about the coronavirus situation. The Hotel is doing everything we can to keep our customers safe and well-informed and have implemented the following:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas of the hotel, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas around the property, including our lobby, meeting spaces, and other public spaces that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Educating our employees on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they do not feel well for any reason.
- Practice social distancing within all public spaces by requiring guests & employees to be separated by six (6) feet at all times.
- Signage at the entrance of the facility informing all employees and customers that they should: (i) avoid entering the facility if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including cough or fever.
- Require that employees and contracted workers whose duties require close contact with other employees and/or the public wear Face Coverings. “Close contact” means being within 6 feet of another person for 10 minutes or more.
- Require that all members of the public and all team members who enter the facility wear a Face Covering during their time in the public spaces of the hotel.
In order to practice social distancing and limit the amount of contact between our staff and our guests, we are only cleaning rooms upon check-out. Please contact front the front desk for extra towels, amenities or other sundries that you need during your stay.
Our restaurant Fuego & Bar will remain closed until further notice and the Hotel will not be offering room service at this time. Food & Beverage will be available on a 24-hour basis from our lobby grab & go. In addition, since all public gatherings of any number of people are prohibited within the city of Long Beach our pool, fitness center and all event spaces will remain closed.
Thank you for your support and loyalty to Hotel Maya a Doubletree by Hilton, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all.